Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 1, 2009

CJOB Interview

We had talked about one or two of you joining me in an interview on CJOB radio tomorrow. Unfortunately the timeline didn't allow for me to get permission forms completed and submitted to the school division.

One of my students from last year will be joining me and you can too, virtually. All the details are here. Hope to see you in the chat space. ;-)

Happy New Year!
Mr. K.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Kuropatwa's students, happy new year! I stumbled across this site while I was looking for help w Calculus and was very impressed with how invovled the students are and how technology is involved w conveying these math lessons. Keep up the good work.

At the same time, I was wondering if one or some of you may be able to help me with this math question or questions to come in the future, maybe you can give me some pointers as to how to get started:

Find the equation whose roots are the cubes of the roots of 2x^2 + 4x + 1 = 0, provid answer in the form of ax^2 + bx +c = 0.

I have the answers below, but do not understand it and wondered if there are other ways of approaching this question:

r1^3 + r2^3 = (r1 + r2) ^3 - 3(r1^2)r2 - 3 r1r2^2
= (-2) ^3 - 3r1r2(r1+r2)
= -8 -3(-1/2)(-2)
= -5

r1^3r2^3 = (r1r2)^3 = (1/2)^3 = 1/8
x^2 = (sum of roots) * (product of roots) = 0
x^2 - (-5)X +1/8 = 0
8x^2 + 40X + 1 = 0

Many thanks!

A continuing learning student =)