Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

BOBby Flay: Differentiation Rules

Well....this unit was kinda half and half for understanding for me. The first half of the unit was simple enough for me to understand since it was mostly just learning the rules of differentiation and then applying them some functions. Although, admittedly, the chain rule took me a while to properly use and I remember looking at the quotient rule and thinking "Whoa.." but that got better after Mr. K taught us the song (Which I probably didn't sing enough since I forgot the LO-LO part during the pre-test XD).

Anywho, the only thing I can say that is really difficult for me are the rates of change problems. The easiest being the triangles, although still hard to think through. Its especially discouraging to think of the fact that we are only given 15 minutes to do these types of questions during the exam, while for me, it takes usually about an hour to thoroughly think things through and actually get the right answer. I was also confused about the rates of change question on the pre-test since I didn't know what to do with the graph. It was just like "Hey, look a graph...hmm..its about 5pi at 4 seconds. Now what?". Maybe I'm making these out to be harder than they are, but I guess I'll just have to do a crabapple load of these types of questions till I can finally get it within 15 minutes >__>.

Okay, I should stop now before I write an essay again. Now back to reviewing..and good luck everyone! d=(^__^)z

2 comments:

.:. J + ME .:. said...

kristina what a girl... you and your bobby flay.

kristina said...

Be quiet man. You know that sub sounded and looked like him XD