Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BOB The Builder indeed. BOB the Integrator.

It's me, .:. J + ME .:. and I'm sorry guys, for coughing up what seemed to be BOTH of my lungs during the pretest. It's awkward doing that when everything is quiet. **facepalm** I guess the stress is really catching up to me. I'll try to get Halls or Fisherman's Friend or something. I don't know why, but I just get sick when it starts getting warmer. I'm fine during the winter. Everything about me is backwards. I even read backwards most of the time. :S

Anyhoooooo. Back to business. **cough**. I think for me, this has been the unit that took me the longest to understand. The beginning was easy, it was direct integrating, and was understandable. But when 3D shapes are coming from 2D areas rotating around the cartesian plane, things get a little more complicated.

I think what was the hardest for me was trying to figure out which method to use, and the fact that I didn't quite understand why things were being done. I mean, I understood how to find the volumes and why the "patterns" were structured that way, but there are those word problems that I seem to have trouble with. It's like I understand how to do it, yet, I get stuck somewhere. I can't seem to finish one whole question like that without someone holding my hand, even if I'm almost on the last step. I also tend to make A LOT of errors. I'm a whole error . haha. But yes. That's me.

As for what I was saying earlier, I sometimes read the problem and it doesn't seem to click in my mind what I'm trying to find. It's like I'm going in circles. Mr. K says it's easier to know what we're trying to figure out with a diagram, but most of the time, I draw it incorrectly. That's what I've been working at for the past few days, and I know I should have done it earlier, but there are just too many things going on in my head right now. I'm not trying to make excuses, and I'm sorry if my non-responding vessel seems to bug you, Mr. K. I'm trying.

But yes, just like other tests, I only have a sliver of confidence in me, and so far, from what my marks are probably saying, I'm a "failure"...but it still doesn't stop me from trying to go up. :)

But yes, like all of my other posts, this one seems to be droning on, so I shall cough my way back into the textbook and slides on the blog.

No comments: