Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 24, 2008

Differentiating the BOB

Okay, this is going to be the first test with Mr K back. It's been a big jump from having Dr.E for 2 months then returning to Mr K. This Differentiating Rules unit is pretty easy as far as differentiating functions go.
That part is clear as crystal. The muddiest part of this unit is by far the Related Rates of Change part. At first I was at about 30% at understanding it, when Mr K came back and got us to do some questions on the Related Rates, I went up to about 70% understanding. But still I am unsteady on the related rates of change. I can't seem to apply the right work and differentiation rules. Just like what Mr. K says, a major part of math is to see a pattern. I haven't fully recognized the patterns in these types of questions. So I will accept Mr.K's prescription for this problem. I have to take 2 tablets of questions, 3 times a day, for 1 week (So to speak).
For local linear approximation, it's a new subject to me so it is a bit tough, but that is due to me not working on enough questions. This part of differentiation is much easier than the Related Rates of Change questions.
That is my BOB for the Differentiation unit. Hopefully I reach that 100% mark on the Related Rates of Change Questions.
Good Night

No comments: